Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Past Two Days

This is an update for Cari (NorthernMommy), who is currently in Virginia being a southern mommy and visiting my parents (who really needed to see Levi).
They headed south early on Friday morning, and I got started on some projects. First project was to SLEEP! It's amazing how long a person can sleep when there isn't a two-foot-tall general directing your every moment! When I finally staggered out of my recliner, I started work on a task that's been on my to-do list for too long - a bathroom ventilation fan.
This wasn't a simple 'replace the existing fan' project....there was no fan to start with. I got to do it all - cut holes, fish wiring, and run the exhaust ducting. After I cut the floor out of the upstairs closet (for access - not just 'cause I wanted to!), mounting the fan was fairly easy. Cutting a 4" hole in the exterior wall was a little more difficult - this is MY house - if I screw it up, I have to live with it or fix it! The real fun part was the rain that started to fall immediately after I got the hole cut....anyway, it's all wired up and working flawlessly. Cross that one off the to-do list (and make Northern Mommy very happy)!After finishing the fan, I had to find something else to do. I don't normally have so much time to do things - Northern Baby/Toddler usually occupies my time. Can you believe that I was actually bored for a little bit on Saturday?! It was raining and windy, so I didn't want to take the motorcycle out - so I weeded the vegetable garden, rearranged the bedroom furniture, took apart an old lawnmower (just for fun), and moved all of the gardening tools out to the barn. That took a little time, because if I had moved everything out to the barn without cleaning the barn first, I would've ended up in really hot water! So, I cleaned all the junk out and swept the spiders away (just so Cari knows, the giant mutant garter snake is still in there somewhere...), and hung all the tools up nicely on the wall. If you'll look closely at the picture, you'll see a big empty spot on the floor below the shovel - that's for the rototiller. If anyone feels the need to buy a rototiller, I will volunteer that space to store it for you......!



And since Cari keeps asking what I've done with all of this time (sheesh!-it's only been two days!), I can finally tell her: I've been searching the stores for a super-duper Levi hauler. The first couple of places that I went didn't have anything. The bicycle shop had a really nice one - I mean really, really nice - but it started at $499 and DIDN'T INCLUDE THE WHEELS OR HITCH! (They were another $80 each!) I managed to politely extricate myself from the shop without insulting the sales lady or questioning their sanity. I hit a few more stores, and finally found something worthy (and inexpensive) enough to tote Northern Baby.
Hopefully, after the other two-thirds of the Northern clan return to the North and we're done with camping, we can get Levi a helmet and take this puppy for a spin!

I have to return to work tomorrow, so this should be it for projects around the house - except for pulling poison ivy from the garden, digging a drainage ditch, etc.

Just wanted to post an update for Cari and Levi - I miss y'all!


No comments: