Monday, June 29, 2009

Update....Everybody's Looking for an Update

Okay, so I haven't updated the blog in a little while....I have a doctor's note to excuse my absence! Well, not really - but I have a few excuses: I was handed a cold by our little Northern Baby (in the traditional manner - by his wiping snot all over me as he claimed to be "snuggling"), work got really busy for a week (really, really busy - that's a good thing!), we were doing family activities, and (my favorite) I'm just basically lazy! So there - I have valid reasons for the delay!
Let's get to the pictures! Below we have Levi playing tag with his friend Ben. (I know you can't see any faces, but I think this picture of the little guys 'running' is just so cute)NorthernClan went to a Vermont Lake Monsters game! (They're a Minor League affiliate of the Washington Nationals) Levi catches some batting practice and pre-game warm up as he waits for the food to be cooked.
Levi actually enjoyed the game - last year he was just a little bundle in a blanket at the games - this year, he paid close attention to the pitching and fielding. He was watching so seriously that I think he may have given up his dream to be a firefighter so that he can become a ball player. (Unless he becomes a firefighting ballplayer....the chicks would really dig him then!...)

Of course, as seriously as we take the game, sometimes a kid just has to be a kid!
Levi goofs it up as Champ!


Our backyard - Levi being cute.
(and yes, I have mowed the grass....this was when it was raining...or it was when the tractor was broken...or something - the grass is growing really well this year!)

Grampa had a cookout at his house this weekend. We had a whole mess of people there having fun (no pictures of them because, well....they're kinda really old and not that cute...)
Here Levi plays with Daisy - they even played in the pool together!


Sunday, we were up at Sand Bar State Park for a going-away party for one of the mommas in the mommas group. It was a good time. Take one little boy who has just discovered how AWESOME playing in the water is, add a few toddler friends, and mix with a splashing of sunshine - that's the recipe for a great day!
(Isn't the hat kinda dorky?! Northern Daddy has tried to ban this particular fashion faux-pas, but is always over-ruled by Northern Mommy, who says that it's necessary for protection from the sun..)


I'm busy! It's going to take all day to empty out this puddle!


Brrrrrr! That water got cold after a little while!


Glug..glug..glug..


Simply the cutest child in the world!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Baseball? After the 4th of July baseball fiasco (okay, the "let's ditch this boring game and go for ice cream while we wait for the fireworks to start" event) a few years ago, I never would have expected you to take NB to one. Guess life changes when you have a kid, huh?